Creating amazing content, in general, is an absolute necessity for your brand. On top of that, you have to consider the various social media networks of which you are a member. The interactions that result from the content that you post are essential for your business. One important thing to remember is that the content that you share will not (and should not) necessarily be identical on every social network.
The nature of your content
The top social network for professionals is LinkedIn. The content that you share on LinkedIn must be a really tight fit for the people with whom you interact because you not only want those people to read what you are posting, you also want them to share your content as much as possible (with the right people). If that is going to happen, you will have to make sure that your content is compelling, valuable, educational, and thought provoking. That may seem like a tall order but once you get a few successful pieces of content under your belt, it will become easier to write content that possesses all of those qualities.
You may wish to look at it in another way. If you share valuable content, you will have proven yourself as the expert who you know you are, they will come off as looking really good, and their friends and colleagues will have amazing content in their hands.
When it comes to sharing valuable content on LinkedIn, there is another positive result that will come from that as well. It will help you to build up your network of contacts, which are very important for your brand and your business.
There are several different things that you can do that will cause other people to share the content that you post on LinkedIn:
- Write a title that makes them stand up and pay attention: Because of the sheer volume of content on the Internet, your title must stand out above the rest. That means that you need to start with the first part of the content that they will see, which is the title. The title needs to be everything that it should be (and then some). Not only must your title grab the attention of your readers but it must go way beyond that. Your title must be compelling, intriguing, and exciting. It is important to remember here that your title must encapsulate the entire article and if you don’t deliver on your promise in the title, you will lose credibility with your readers.
- Wrap your mind around your target audience: It is critical to your success that you understand exactly who your target audience is and to have a strong sense of what they want to read. You certainly want to give them whatever they want and need, if at all possible. Your title (and the rest of the article) should address whatever problem they are trying to solve and have not been able to solve up to this point. The concept that should be motivating you is, WIIFM (What’s In It For Me?). No matter how amazing you and your business may happen to be, if you are not able to solve their problem(s), you won’t get anywhere with them. It is that simple.
- Make sure that your content is unique: People who are involved with LinkedIn have a great deal of content that is at their fingertips at any given moment. That is exactly why your content must stand out and it must always be different enough for others to pay attention to. This is where your creativity will come into play. It must, in fact. The last thing that you want to do is to share content that sounds just like everyone else’s content. It just doesn’t make any sense. If that were the case, your readers would read the first thing that they see, with no discrimination whatsoever. Try to think outside of the box as much as you can. There is no doubt that you are capable of doing that. It may just take a little bit of practice.
- Always use your own voice: It is essential that you find your voice and use it on a consistent basis. Your voice is what makes your writing and your business uniquely yours. Your voice will get you very far. It will be the reason why other people want to connect with you, want to read your content, and want to eventually buy what you are selling. Never pretend to be someone you are not. People will know that you are not being genuine.
- Connect with your readers emotionally: Without the emotional connection, you will not be able to build a relationship. The emotional connection is why humans relate to each other. They feel similar feelings and have had common experiences. It is a well-known fact that people buy products and/or services based on how those products and/or services or the person who is doing the selling makes them feel. They will never buy for any other reason. With that in mind, you need to make sure that you get it right every time.
LinkedIn is the top social network for professional people. The content that you share through LinkedIn must be unique and extremely effective for that particular social network. The story that you tell through your content must be memorable and it must touch your readers profoundly. Always keep in mind that your content, which must be very well written, should also be posted with appropriate frequency as well. More is not always better but too little is not effective either. If you share effective content, you will not only please your readers but you will also make them feel that they want to share that content with other people whom they know and trust, which is exactly what you want them to do.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.