Marketing your brand is not always an easy task and, often, it seems as though you have to make a tremendous effort to get the results that you are hoping to achieve. Of course, every piece of content that you share is with the hope of more and more people paying attention to your brand and buying into what you represent and what you are offering.
First of all, your copy must be top notch
Of course, the first thing that you have to accomplish is to have a brand that other people are interested in. However, it isn’t enough to merely have a concept. You must also tell other people about it in a way that is not only effective but you must also successfully find a way to get other people to relate to what you are saying about that brand by connecting with them on an emotional level.
- Read, read, read marketing articles: Undoubtedly, there is an extraordinary amount of information available online; however, there is one particular topic that you should be reading every day since you are interested in advancing your business. You should read a new article on a marketing topic every day. It will help you to widen your scope and your understanding. It will also help you to think more flexibly and to consider possibilities that may not have occurred to you before. When you think about your business, you will realize that marketing is at the core and reading will help you to strengthen that core. Marketing articles are designed to appeal to marketers (marketers are the target audience). Ironically, marketers are a tough audience. Because of that challenge, the quality of the writing of those articles is bound to be excellent.
- Read, read, read anything: When you were growing up, did your parents and your teachers ever tell you that they don’t care what you read as long as you read? Well, that same concept applies in this case. Once you have read your daily marketing article, you should grab other pieces of content to read. As valuable as marketing articles are for your business, you don’t want to pigeon hole yourself by only reading marketing articles. After all, you want to be well rounded and interesting so that you can express yourself in many different ways to other people. You want the discussions that you will have to be compelling. That is how you are going to build solid, enduring relationships with other people.
- Wrap your mind around what your target audience is reading: You can get a good sense of what your target audience is reading by paying close attention to what they are sharing. Whatever that is (as long as it is not fluffy), you should read as well. It will help you to understand your target audience members more thoroughly. The main reason why that is so important (and so valuable) is because, in that case, your target audience is indirectly telling you what they want you to write about. That is a very valuable piece of intelligence. It isn’t important that you are totally original as far as the topics are concerned, as long as the way in which you write the content is uniquely yours. Taking concepts that you think are valuable (even if other people have written about the same topics) is totally appropriate. Anyway, you probably have the ability to write better than most people so you should definitely go for it!
- Write every day: The truth is that if you are going to write amazing, powerful content, you will need to make sure that you are a really good writer. That takes practice. Just like getting to Carnegie Hall! The more you write, the better you will get at it. As with anything else in life that holds any value, if you don’t put the work in, you will not accomplish what you want to accomplish. If you are a busy person (which, undoubtedly, you are) you may not think that you have the time to write every day. However, it is really a matter of priorities. Writing is definitely one of yours.
- Tweek existing content: If you wrote content and shared it in the past, the fact is that it was good enough to share with other people. If it has that level of merit, it is worth revisiting to see how you can revise it effectively so that you can get more mileage out of it. There is no reason why you need to reinvent the wheel every time. Recycling to an appropriate level is sound business practice. It will also allow you to have more time to concentrate on other aspects of your business that are also important.
- Watch a video that has gone viral: If a video has gone viral, it has done so for a reason. Your job is to figure out why it has gone viral so that you can apply that concept to your own video(s). It will not take a lot of time out of your day to do this. Effective videos are generally not more than 3 minutes (maximum). That is all that you need to spare to watch one. However, it is really important that you pay close attention to what you are watching so that you can figure out what the video maker did write.
- Take a few minutes for yourself: If you are overwhelmed or stressed during your day and you don’t take a break to relax, you will not come up with your best work. A few minutes will not negatively impact your day and it will certainly make you more productive. It will probably also make the quality of your work and your interactions much better. It is worth doing because you are so worth it.
Even if you feel that you are doing fine with your business, there are always things that you can do to improve upon what you have done up to this point. It is important that you are open to learning new things that will benefit you and your business. Top-notch content is the foundation for anything that you do in your business. The power behind your content will drive everything that you do in a positive direction. Your momentum will be unique and it will be extremely powerful. It is also important to realize that no matter what business you are in, you are a marketer as well as a business person who is promoting that amazing brand.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.