You have probably been able to establish a large number of connections through social media. Many of those connections have actually turned into valuable relationships. If you are an intelligent business owner, which there is no doubt that you are, you have developed those relationships and have moved toward turning those people into loyal clients whenever possible.
The truth is that you are faced with some challenges when it comes to turning business connections into loyal clients. They are certainly not one and the same and you may have to work hard at the relationship in order to produce the results that you want.
Relationships are not always easy to cultivate and there will be some relationships that start out looking like they will last for a very long time but then fizzle out for one reason or another. The fact is that not all relationships are meant to last. When it comes to establishing and cultivating relationships through social media, that can prove to be even more challenging. However, it is certainly far from impossible. In fact, you can can accomplish pretty much anything that you set out to accomplish. It is just a matter of going about it in the right way.
As powerful a tool as social media is for your business, you still need to approach it in a sensible, methodical, organized manner in order for you to achieve the results that you are seeking. The relationships that you share with other people through social media need to be nurtured properly and remember that nothing good ever comes from rushing.
Human connections need love and caring so remember to approach it in just that way. It will definitely serve you well to do so. At this point, you may be wondering where you begin such as process. Well, the following is a sequence of logical steps that will benefit you and your business.
- Expand your reach to your target audience members: Although quality over quantity is definitely the way to go, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t increase the number of social media connections that you do have. It all depends on how many connections you actually have. However, it is always beneficial to bring new people into your social media circles whom you feel are beneficial to what you are doing.
The truth is that the more valuable social media connections you have, the better your chances will be that those people will tell other people about you and your business. It doesn’t get any better than that. Most businesses (and, most likely, your business falls into that same category) rely on word-of-mouth to become more successful. It is reasonable to assume that.
- Make the most out of what you and other people are sharing: As you develop meaningful relationships with other people through social media, it is natural that those other people will want to share your valuable content with other people whom they know and trust. You want to make the most out of those opportunities whenever you can.
Your content should be written in such a way that it draws a lot of attention. If it draws a lot of attention and is deemed valuable, other people will be more than happy to pass it on. Let them do the work for you. In fact, you are the only one who can’t do that. They can speak about you and your business in the most glowing of terms but they are the only ones who can. That is free publicity for you.
- Get involved with the algorithms of the your social media channels: A lot of the popular social media channels have ways to choose which content is posted and which is not. It is a way for the social media channels to eliminate (or, at least, reduce) what is being posted online. However, that also helps you and your business because it is far less distracting for the readers if they don’t have such a volume of content through which to sift. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, a great deal of the content is not worth reading. With that in mind, it is extremely important for you to learn what content is appropriate to post an d what is not. The information is out there for you.
- Consider real-time as an aspect of your marketing strategy: In this age of instant responses (and instant gratification), real-time is a recipe for success. When a person makes a comment or asks a question online, he or she is very happy if the response comes right away. Of course, that isn’t always possible but you should try to make that happen whenever you can. That is a sure way to strengthen your relationships with other people online. You should incorporate information that is not only current but that is actually happening right now. People will find it compelling and will respond right away in many cases.
- Write content that will entice other people to respond: There is absolutely no doubt that your content is amazingly well written and exciting (not to mention, valuable). However, that is not enough. It also has to affect other people in such a way that they do whatever you are asking them with your call-to-action and clicking through. That is the first step to interacting with you. At that point, you will be on your way to establishing a solid relationship together.
If you follow the advice that has been offered here, you have a good chance of turning your social media connections into loyal clients. You establish the relationship, nurture that relationship, and, along with that you build trust, credibility, and the other person will regard you as the expert in your field. You should try to stay connected with people through all of your social media channels, which will help your relationships to grow and, eventually, your connections will become clients. Of course, once you have established the relationship, you will need to work at solidifying it more and more until you can bring it to the next level.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.
Source: Michael Cohn